top of page

Lights Out In Blackpool

Updated: Aug 6, 2019

Photo Credit - Karen Priestley

Sunday evening saw Kieran Farrell promotions final show of 2017 at the Hilton Hotel in Blackpool.

The show was originally planned to be a 5- 6 fight card co-promoted with Neil Marsh, however due to injuries and pullouts was depleted to just 3 fights. The show could of been pulled however Kieran wanted to ensure his fighters who had trained so hard for weeks had the opportunity to see out 2017 in style.

The main event was Waterford, Ireland's Dylan "The Real Deal" Moran against foreign opponent Sylwester Walczak. In the week leading up to the fight Dylan had been bed bound with a bout of flu and could of quite easily pulled out however the Irish warrior was not going to let that happen and put on an impressive performance immediately going to work from the first bell hurting Walczak with wicked combinations to the head and body.

It took just two minutes and eight seconds for Moran to dispatch of his opponent just days after suffering a bout of the flu was indeed very impressive.

We caught up with "The Real Deal" after the fight, hear what he had to say


Lee "Kombat" Clayton was also in action on the card in what was supposed to be a British challenege belt match up, again due to injuries and pull outs took on Jules Phillips in a four round bout. Clayton controlled the fight at range, landing a variety of shots to head and body and one cracking uppercut in particular, referee scored the bout 40-36 in favor of the Heywood man who now moves to 5-2

Clayton has made some impressive improvements over the past twelve months under the guidence of Nathan Farell and whilst 2017 started on a low has now ended on a high and a British challenge title match up is certainly on the horizon.

Hear what Lee had to say about the performance and future


Also back in action was George "The Cereal Killer" Brennan fresh from a victory over Jules Phillips at Bowlers only 2 weeks ago. He took on tough journeyman Brett Fidoe over the course of four rounds however was on the wrong end of the scorecards as the referee Phil Edwards scored the contest 39-38 in favor of the travelling man Fidoe.

Brennan was visibly upset at the verdict and after speaking to ringside observers it was felt that Brennan didn't step on the gas enough across the four rounds. George is now taking a well deserved rest after having six bouts in 12 months and will be looking to come back strong in 2018.

bottom of page